Looking for Motorcycle Insurance In Cincinnati, Ohio?
Motorcycles are different than cars, and can be much more fun rid, but they are very similar when it comes to insuring them. There are a few nuances that need to be considered, but the foundation of the coverage is similar in nature. The basics of either policy type are fundamental: liability, bodily injury and physical damage. And let’s not forget medical payments. That is vitally important when riding a motorcycle.
So let’s review what the basic coverage is for motorcycle insurance in Cincinnati, OH.
- Liability Insurance – this provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage in the event you are responsible for damage or injuries in and accident. However, this will not cover damage to our bike or injury to you. In some cases, you can purchase guest passenger liability which could extend protection to a passenger that is injured on your motorcycle.
- Collision Insurance – as the name implies, this coverage will cover your motorcycle if you collide with another vehicle. The insurance carrier pays for the damage to your bike minus your deductible.
- Comprehensive – any other type of damage to your motorcycle outside of collision coverage would fall here. Things such as fire, vandalism, or theft. But similar to collision coverage, the insurance carrier pays for the damage above and beyond your deductible.
- Customized Parts – these are the things that give your motorcycle some personality and functionality which you might add. And this is an often overlooked coverage. The policy typically covers only factory standard parts so if you add items such as a customer paint job, chrome parts or a trailer or side car, you’ll need to ask about this coverage.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist – there are plenty of drivers out there that don’t have insurance or have decide to carry a very low limit. If another driver such as this causes damage to your motorcycle, and they are at fault, your policy limits for UM or UIM would kick in. In many cases this could cover lost wages or medical treatment as well.
- Medical Payments – Regardless of fault, medical payments can pay for you and your passengers medical bills from an accident. We recommend maxing this out due to the severity of a motorcycle accident.
What affects your motorcycle insurance rates in Cincinnati, OH?
- Your age
- Your driving record
- Where you live
- They style of bike – more importantly the CCs.
- Age of the motorcycle
- How many miles you drive a year
- Storage – where do you store the bike
How to save some money on your motorcycle insurance
Keeping a clean driving record helps, but there are a few other things to look for if you want to save some money on your motorcycle insurance rates.
- Ask your agent if there are any training courses that you could take that would qualify
- Multi bike discounts
- Organization membership
- Mature rider
- A “lay up” discount – during the winter in many northern states you can save on coverage during the months that the bike is not being used.
How to get started on your Motorcycle quote